Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Blog Post #7

Figure of Networked People Linked To Each Other

1. The Networked Student

This video was hands on, which is what I liked most about it. The creativity of the video helps ease the idea of a high use of technology in our future classrooms. In a way, it also explains how it may take more than just the traditional instructor to be able to educate networked based students. A question was asked, “Why would we need teachers?” In a networked based course, majority of the classwork can be easily found through technology, which makes the question a good one.

The video states that teachers will be needed to help build the network. This statement simply means, I, as a future teacher should already be an informed networked student in order to teach others how to be one. The teacher basically reflects his/ her knowledge and passes it on to the students, showing them the respectable ways to ask questions or for help if needed.

When it comes to technology I question whether or not I’ll use it in my classroom and the answer is no. I do feel having networked based skills are beneficial, but not in a Math class. In the future, the pressure is not to be focused primarily on technology, but to make sure that our students are up to par when it comes down to the advancement of technology. I think that it a takes one person to start something prosperous; if in a case like mine I would make sure that network based teaching is being taught in my school, although I will not particularly teach it in my classroom.

2. A 7th Grader's Personal Learning Enviroment(or PLN)

Edm310 is a great example of a PLN. It links us to multiple blogs and sites that pertain not only to being a great instructor, but the best for our 21st century students. I enjoyed watching the 7th grader’s video of her PLE. I can tell that she is very serious as far as learning and also in a paperless way. The different tools she uses to help manage her PLE are some of the same tools I plan to use to help construct my PLN. Some things shown in her PLE that I also use are Google, Blogger, YouTube, and Social Networks. I love that she is very organized because it seems to be a key aspect in managing a PLE or PLN.

4 comments:

  1. "When it comes to technology I question whether or not I’ll use it in my classroom and the answer is no." My prediction: there will be NO jobs for teachers who are not technologically literate and who do not use technology as a part of their teaching strategy.

    I want you to look at The Kahn Academy since you are going to teach math without technology. take a GOOD look at it. You will then understand what I mean by what I wrote in the paragraph immediately above.

    I expect a reply to this comment as a comment from you on this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I erased my first comment because there was an error in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dr. Strange, I appreciate the site that you referred me to. It is a very helpful site, and I see the point you are getting at. I do know that every child has a different way of learning and that having resources such as The Khan Academy will benefit some students learning. Without such resources I will be lost as a student myself, because I'm always looking for sites that may help me in any way. I think that I have been missing the point of the class because I felt there was nothing to relate to my specific major. I agree with you that being technologically literate is a must for future teachers. I hope to be one of those teachers in the future.

    ReplyDelete