Friday, March 2, 2012

C4T #2

Lee Kolbert

The teacher I was assigned this week was Lee Kolbert. The first blog post I commented on was called "How to finally get it right on Valentine’s Day". The post was specifically speaking to a male audience in the do’s and don’ts of getting the perfect gift. She explained how sometimes certain gifts are perfect in theory, but can cause some confusion. For instance, if a man was to by a clothing item as a gift for Valentines’ Day, he would have to get the exact size of the woman. If the item is too big then the woman may think that the guy sees her as being larger, and if he gets something too small then it may make the woman feel out of shape. There were plenty scenarios similar to this in the post and all very helpful.

The second post I comment on by Miss Kolbert was titled “Top 10 Reasons Why I’m Not Following You on Twitter and 10 Reasons Why I Am”. I felt that this post would be helpful to the people who are first time Twitter users. Knowing who to follow or not follow can be valuable to one’s own personal Twitter profile. Here are a few of my favorite reasons from the list of why you should or shouldn’t follow someone on Twitter.

Top 10 Reasons Why I'm Probably NOT Following You on Twitter:

1. You're an egg or default avatar with no profile. Add a photo and a bio. Tell me something meaningful about yourself.

6. You are argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

8. You meanly mock others. (Not to be confused with gentle teasing.)

10.You've asked me for help, I've helped. I've asked you for help, you've ignored me.
Seriously?


Top 10 Reasons Why I Probably AM Following You on Twitter:


2. You make me think.

4. You've sent me places online, pointed me to articles and blogposts and provided resources I might not have found as quickly on my own.

7. You've told me when you think I'm wrong.

9. You've taught me something.

Miss Kolbert's blog was very entertaining and educational, I would recommend her blog to anyone who's looking for great answers and a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment