Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blog Post #4

Headphones placed on the world


Judy Scharf Podcast Collection

After reading Judy Scharf's Podcast Collection, I began to understand what Podcasting was. Judy broke the word down into two parts which were broadcasting and ipod. The meaning of a podcast, then became apparent to me. Podcasting is a broadcast that can be uploaded as a feature not only on a computer, but on an ipod or a MP3 player as well. She left some tips in the post to help with succeeding at creating a well put together podcast. Her tips included learning Audacity, making sure you have enough time to complete the task, and also being able to let the task be seen by someone, so that students may feel proud of themselves.

Langwitches: Podcasting with First Grade

Although I am not going to be teaching any kids below the age thirteen, I enjoyed reading about the first graders. The one thing in the post that stood out was when it said that an audience matters; even for someone as young as a first grader. Being able to say that someone was interested in the work means a lot. This form of activity also taught the kids to be patient while working on the project. Podcasting seems to be an activity that helps get your voice heard whether its through a video or just audio. I believe I will enjoy it just as the first graders have.

Langwitches: Listening-Comprehension-Podcasting

This post was based upon actually listening, understanding another language and using podcasting as to tool to help. The students had the opportunity to create their own podcast and while using SmartBoards to edit it. Podcasting was an essential tool in this task in which they recorded their voices while reciting different words of different sounds. Overall this assignment helped the students with their speaking sills and fluency in another language.

2 comments:

  1. Are you ready for your podcast? I look forward to listening to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katrina!
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post. I especially liked your section on podcasting with First Grade. I am also going into secondary education, so I won't be teaching any youngsters, but I thought it was interesting that having an audience was also important to them. I think that a lot of the ideas in that podcast can be transferred to secondary education. I really enjoyed reading your blog, good job!

    Levi Seymour

    ReplyDelete