Thursday, February 9, 2012

C4T #1

Interactive White Boards


The teacher assigned to me was Kevin McLaughlin. The first comment I left was a post explaining why IWB's(Interactive White Boards) are no use for today's students. I agreed with the teacher as far as the IWB's not being needed for certain subjects. With technology so many different things are being created and enhanced; spending money on these boards do appear to be a waste.

The second comment I left was on a more recent post called "Leashes are not Required". The name was very catchy and after reading the post I understood why that name had been chosen. The post was about how he took the approach of teaching literacy and numeracy in a less traditional way. What I mean by that is he gives his kids some of the responsibility of there work being done on time. The students were able to use personal journals to make sure there task were done. I believe this gives the kids a boost of confidence. I liked both post, but this one inspired me a lot and I can't wait to apply some of the things I've learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment