Saturday, February 25, 2012

C4K February

Cartoons holding up the word blog

#1
The first child I was assigned was named Shalmon. He attends Pt. England School where his teacher is Ms. King. His post was titled “Home Alone”, which was his description of how he spent his holiday. It started very slowly because Shalmon wasn’t enjoying it very much. He first mentioned how he did not like that he would be home alone with his brothers, but when he found out that they would be playing basketball one day, he was excited. I added that I was also a fan of the game and how glad I was that he eventually had some fun over the holidays.

#2
The second child I was assigned was Prestan. Prestan is from New Zealand and his teacher is Mrs. Huebner. His post was about an interview he had with another person. The questions were based upon Christopher Columbus. The post was filled with many facts about Columbus and I made it clear to Prestan that he refreshed my memory of some things about Christopher Columbus. Things like how Columbus was searching for East Indies/India as he stumbled into the discovery of America.

#3
The third child was Royce. Royce is a third grader from Connecticut, in Mrs. Yollis class. His blog post was called “Amazing Things you find in Nature”. He uploaded multiple pictures of animals he had seen regularly in his back yard. The main thing I loved about his entry was that he ended it with questions. He asked if we had animals lurking around our backyards. I was in awe of how well written his post was, and he even included a joke which I found quite funny.

#4
The last child of February was Teva. She is a student in Mr. Moriarty's class of Parkvale, New Zealand. Her latest blog post was a google presentation called "Six Things My Teach Needs to Know About Me". She included things such as her favorite color and food. What I like most about her presentation is that remembered to leave links for her class blog and hers as well on last page of the presentation.

2 comments:

  1. "The second child I was assigned was Prestan. Prestan is from New Zealand and his teacher is Mrs. Huebner." Mrs. Huebner is in Iowa.

    "Royce is a third grader from Connecticut, in Mrs. Yollis class." Mrs. Yollis is in California. This was not from Mrs. Yollis' class I do not think.

    "...that remembered to leave..." You left out she before remembered.

    You can do better than this! At least I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone makes mistakes, but those aren't minor ones. I apologize for listing incorrect information. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

    ReplyDelete