Sunday, April 1, 2012

C4T #3

Teacher and students using a computer

For this C4T I was assigned the teachers who share the blog At the Teacher’s Desk and I commented on two post by William Chamberlain. The first comment I left on the blog was for the post titled, "How about Unconferences for Students?” This post seemed very interesting because it involved students meeting on a Saturday to present ideas about technology. I also wanted to know more about what exactly an “unconference” is. It is basically a meeting/conference in which one shares his/hers ideas for a given subject. I loved that the students would get to expressed themselves for the things that they loved. This idea that Mr. Chamberlain came up with has not been put in action just yet because of timing, but I’m going to definitely be checking in on the process.

Another post I commented on was called, “Can you present at a Tech Conference without the Tech Being Your Main Focus.” In the post Mr. Chamberlain described a presentation given by himself in which he didn’t use tech tools as a focal point. He feels that student learning is the main focus and used them to generalize the point of his presentation. I agreed with him including that using students in the presentation shows the abilities of the tools while showing the benefits as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment