Sunday, April 22, 2012

Creativity and Curiosity: My Thoughts-Special Post #12A


As we progress in age I believe curiosity still lives in us, it just has to be awaken by something stimulating. By this I mean it will take a little bit more than to animations and colors to keep the attention of young adults. Nowadays we have iPods, PC's, Macs, and a host of other electronics that gain the attention young adults as well as other ages. I do/don't feel that schools in U.S. systematically destroy the development of curiosity and/or creativity in students. A certain subject is expected to be taught by the teacher and that subject will be the primary focus of the course. Creativity remains in classrooms, but it is not as extreme as it may need to be. As a child passes through grade levels their curiosity drops each year. Why? Standardized test require a great deal of knowledge to pass huge reason why curiosity/creativity levels have fallen as students progress in school. In order to keep curiosity and creativity alive we must incorporate it in the course more.

A curriculum that can be developed to increase students curiosity and creativity levels is basically independence. When assigning things to students, let them make the work assigned become their own. Pave the way for them a bit by using wikis or any known source that they may use to help. Edm310 is a great example of an increasing of curiosity and creativity, by giving the class the freedom to do their own personal work, while using a set of guidelines makes each of us more prepared for what lies ahead.

Teachers actions can most definitely increase students curiosity and creativity levels by being a student also. We truly learn something new almost everyday, therefore a teacher who feels they know it all will get nowhere in a career of teaching. As a teacher we should want to keep learning to build our abilities to teach. When we become curious and express this to our class it makes them curious as well to a certain extinct. Most things are believable when there is an example for it. Let's be the example for our students!
Albert Einstein Quote TITLE=

I love being able to create things on my own. While in high school projects were my favorite, because as soon as the teacher gave a due date I was anxiously ready to begin. I am very artsy so ideas came very quickly to me. It really doesn't take much to push my creative side and I have been curious for as long as I know. If anything could give a boost on being more curious or creative it would an example of a previous person's work and the teachers enthusiasm for the assigned work. Today so many things boost my creativity level and I feel that there isn't anyone who can say that they aren't creative. We all just have a certain levels of creativity that we reach. Some enjoy being curious/creative and some do not.

Elli(Elspeth Bishop) is a writer for In Good Measure who was born and raised in Colorado. She enjoys outdoors activities such as hiking, skiing, and playing tennis. She can be contacted by joining her Google+ circle of friends. I don't believe I would contact her unless instructed to or if someone asks me about being curious/creative.

1 comment:

  1. "... I was anxiously ready to begin." Anxiously or eagerly? There is a difference!

    Interesting. Good ideas. Well written.

    ReplyDelete