Saturday, April 28, 2012

C4T #4

Student playing an instrumet

For my final C4T I was assigned Jackson Bryan. He is a University of Arkansas graduate, exploring gifted and techno-learning students. The first post I comment on was In Depth Blogging, or Learning in Public. The post was a idea that came from Mr. Bryan, in which he had previous conducted a little Learning in Public himself back in September. He wanted to set a definitive goal for himself and model the documentation for his student. In my comment I stated that I liked how learning is not just being subdued to being just in the classroom. In classes dealing music (vocal, instrumental, etc.) there should be room/time for the students to practice in different environments that help map their journey of learning.

The second post I commented on was called Powell River Vocal Summit, in which a video was made to showcase the traveling of vocal jazz and choir singers and some of their performance as well. The video was edited very good, probably because a MacBook was the source used for editing. In my comment I first expressed my love for the video. I then explained how edm310 has taught me that technology exists in our careers and daily lives whether we choose it to be or not. I posted the link to Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir to give some insight of future ideas. I enjoyed this semesters C4Ts, each of them were quite different from one another, but they all focused on educating students through this technological world.

No comments:

Post a Comment